Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is it easier or not! Day 17

This post is no way meant to be critical of anyone. This is just an observation of mine.

I read a lot of weight loss blogs .... lots! Too many actually. I spend far too much time reading when I could be doing something else ... like maybe exercise! lol! Anyway, my observation is a lot of these people do not work. Yes, there are a few that do, but on the most part I find a lot don't. Is it any easier when you don't have to go to work everyday. I think it might be. I'm out the door a 6:15 in the morning after getting up at 5:15 to get ready. I either work 8 or 12 hour shifts. By the time I get home I am done! Sometimes even making supper is such a chore. It's easier to make something quick. Exercise is another matter altogether. I have no energy to even go for a walk. I think that if I was home I'd go out for a walk more, be able to make healthier meals and look after me more.

I need some suggestions on how I can set some sort of routine so that I can get in my exercise and have healthy meals! My days off are usually quite busy and it goes on and on! Blah blah blah ... I'm sure you've heard it all! These are just excuses I know but I need some help in routine. I'm a very organized person in every way except in my own personal issues. I need time for ME!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on unemployment right now, so I have WAY too much free time, lol. I've been wondering how I'm going to adjust when someone actually hires me again. Obviously pre-planning will help with your food....it only takes me less than an hour to cook up 5 different veggies on Sunday afternoon and they last me all week. I also boil eggs for tuna salad or to eat by themselves as a snack. I also throw some chicken breasts in the oven to bake....all of this in that one hour on Sunday. It's not that I don't have the time all week...I just don't like spending that much time in the kitchen EVERY DAY, lol.

    As far as the exercise...hmmm...you obviously have very limited time, and I will too when I get back to work. I know you work at a hospital so I would say if you're on your feet most of the day, that's a good thing. If you have 2 days off, I would most definitely carve out at least 30 min, and an hour if you can on those days to take a brisk walk. I would make it as important and routine on your off days as brushing your teeth and taking a shower (someone else gave me that advice when I just didn't FEEL like exercising).

    When I used to go to Weight Watchers, I remember the leader telling one girl to stand up during TV commercials and just walk in place, raising her knees as high as she could. The idea is, once you start doing SOMETHING to move, you'll naturally start wanting to move more...and you'll start making a few mins time each night for exercise....even if it's 15-20 mins a night. Something is always better than nothing, and usually leads to bigger and better things.

    As far as being too tired to cook...I totally get that. The crockpot is going to be your best friend, lol. Also, if you cook up some veggies and bake some chicken or some kind of meat on your off day...that can carry you through a few dinners where all you have to do is nuke it in the microwave. And don't forget about the Bird's Eye Steamfresh frozen veggies, that steam right in the bag in the microwave!! I'd be careful of the complete meals, with meat and pasta and sauce though...WAY too much sodium to eat on a regular basis...maybe just once a week. I hope these tips help!! :)

    ReplyDelete