Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

After a total waste of time as far as 2010 is concerned, I need to get my act together. I don't know why I can't seem to get it together. Well, there is nothing I can do about that now except to try this again.

I turned 56 years old last week. While sitting and thinking about my age and my future, I realized that I probably only have 15 or 20 years left to live. I'm unhealthy at this weight. I won't live long. I don't have diabetes or any other medical issues because of my weight, but I am uncomfortable. It's difficult to walk up stairs, my clothes are uncomfortable. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit anymore. It's time to fix this!!!

My weigh in this morning was 267.1. I don't have any specific goals for a weekly goal, just as long as it is down from the previous week. I would really like to lose 20 lbs or so before I leave on my trip to Australia on April 1st. I think about how uncomfortable it will be to sit on a plane for 24 hours. I have a huge issue with fluid retention, so I can only imagine how swollen I'm going to be after the flight. I need to try to get that under control now.

Wish me luck ....

No comments:

Post a Comment