Monday, March 29, 2010

Weigh In!

I'm happy to report that the scales moved in the right direction again! 268.4!! Pretty good, I guess. I didn't have a very good week but my weekend was decent. I worked all weekend and chose to make good choices. Hopefully, I can continue this week. My goal that I have set is to reach 265 by April 1st. That gives me 3 days to lose 3.4 pounds. Can I do it? I probably can if I really try. I need to get some exercise in though. I'll post my weight on April 1st no matter what it is. I have in my head I'd like to lose 10 pounds a month with 265 being my first goal. I can hardly believe that I'm thinking 255 by the end of April, 245 by the end of May, etc., etc. How many times do I have to do this? I need to get it done.

I don't really have much of a support system and find it so hard to do this. Everyone wants to sabotage me and I am weak. I try to be strong but just can't. I read different blogs and think about how they've worked so hard and are now just a few pounds away from goal and here I am MORE than I was when I started reading them. Oh well, no sense beating myself up.... I need to just DO IT!!!! The warmer weather is coming and there is absolutely no reason why I can't go out for a walk or a bike ride except for the fact that I'm too fat and uncomfortable, but only work will help that. I really think I need to go speak to a professional that deals with overeating. This is obviously an addiction. Maybe I'll look into that. We have EAP (Employee Assistance Program) at work that is free and offers all kinds of help. I'll see if there's anyone who deals with this sort of thing.

Gotta run ... errands to do. This is my one day off till Friday, so I need to get a move on.

Have a good week everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good...I'm glad you mentioned a 10 lb/month goal, because I've been thinking of the same thing....was just rolling it over again in my mind tonight. As of this Friday, I'm only 4 weeks away from my beach trip with Dwayne to Panama City. I originally wasn't going to set a goal, because I figured I'd sabotage MYSELF and end up gaining instead of losing! Today, I told myself that was stupid. I need to giving myself excuses and just get this sh*t done. I've been hovering around the same weight for months on end now and I'm just sick of it. I think it's cool that we'll both have the same monthly goal...let's do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Tammy ... that is always my goal 10 a month. Has been for years! Too bad I can't ever get past the first 10. I'm hoping this is the time. I need to do this for my health. Do the best you can before you go to Florida but not too much because you know it will be hard while there to maintain and then you'll have to do it all again. I think of you often and hope that things are working themselves out.

    ReplyDelete